• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Data Throttle

Reactions: Phrant1c
Upvote 0
Oh I agree Blood. Sprint/Boost definitely throttle at the point of origin. Still, looking at the folder labeled "throttle" made me wonder that it may could help out a little. After reading through the thread, I don't think many people saw much of a difference. Since I use my home wifi, I haven't gone over the data limit so I haven't tried it out.

Do you by chance know exactly what the folder is for?

Upvote 0
throttling is done on the carriers end, not through the phone.

I figured :/

I was hoping there may be a workaround. I'll play around with the throttle files see what happens. I thought one of the files in the throttle folder may do some sort of data usage relay to the carrier. Even if I can't stop throttling completely, it would be nice to find a way to Atleast suppress it slightly. I'll eat 2.5 gb like it's a Brazilian model :p

It's ridiculous when you go to download a file and see 23kbps

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones