• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted Folder Keep Coming Back

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
I have scoured the internet and some folks have had this issue, but no one seems to have a "fix". I created a folder on the phone some time ago. I later moved it to the SD card and tried to delete the phone copy. It is a folder with about 28 documents in it. After checking around later, I found that the folder (along with the documents) keep returning to the phone. I even tried to delete the phone copy and the SD copy but the phone copy keeps returning.

I have went through the entire phone to see if there was a "back up" that keeps making it come back, but I can't find any. I also do not use the "cloud" to store documents on. I have tried several reputable file managers online but that doesn't help either. It is back within an hour or so.

Any ideas?

Hey! THANK YOU for responding! I used to have CM but I deleted it a while ago. My phone is almost full and this folder is very large and would save me a lot of space... If I can delete it and get it to stop coming backback. I do have GSam Battery monitor.

I have also looked over my programs and nothing else has been creating any backups.

I, I have also tried to delete it in safe mode. Still no luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones