• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dell is making new Android tablets...

Had the Venue Pro 32gb with Windows 8.1

Key word is "had".

Took it back and got a full refund. The tablet itself is very nice and has enough storage for me but no way will I put up with Windows 8.1

They really need to take a hard look sooner than later at this disappointing OS. Have always been a Windows fan but it ended with the new Windows :(

Upvote 0
Sounds like though we may be close to booting Linux on Windows tablets so maybe soon. I'm trying to decide weather to buy an Android tablet now or wait a little more to see if I can get a Linux tablet.

FWIW XP drove me from windows I used 3.x, 95, NT4, then W2K and bought a new laptop in 2002 with XP. It drove me to Linux within the next year and I've not ran Windows on my personal machines since.

Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday. After the kids went to bed and I actually got to see it I like it. Its nice and fast, AndroOpenOffice is quite useable. Screen is very good, clear and bright.
Minor issues: volume controls are on the wrong side (left) so they get blocked by a right angle microUSB and are covered if you turn it landscape. I don't like how Google took the settings, search and menu off the bottom menus, I prefer the old 4 buttons at the bottom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones