• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DETAILED - LG Optimus Showtime... Black screen after showing LG logo.

slixz85

Lurker
Aug 11, 2013
Hi. this LG was successfully rooted with unlockroot.com and I used it for a long time. The last thing I remember doing to it was installing pimp my rom to see what options it had for the default rom since we all know the showtime doesn't really have any roms to add as of yet. unless mistaken. anyway, I can get the phone to bring up the factory reset and wipe data message, i tell it yes and it reboots but then back to the same black screen after the LG logo. I also can get it into download mode but I believe after i rooted it i turned off the debug so I am not sure if that matters or not. and not sure if i did honestly. I downloaded the cab file for it using this application http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1073827 for the default firmware to put onto it again, however I don't know how to do this. so this is where I am stuck at. I don't remember what option from pimp my rom screwed it over either. I know that i did not enable any that gave a warning though. Thanks for reading this and please put your suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones