• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but I was able to finally get this rom to boot with tjstyle's code. The camera still isn't working but it's a step closer. The error now is that it's not passing the camera info so the camera fails to open. I might be able to force it to open the front or the back camera, but I'm going to try a few things first to see if I can get it to work the way it supposed to. Right now it takes me 3-4 hours to build the rom so progress will be slow. But there is hope! :D

Awesome

Upvote 0
Go you! The bad thing is most of the developers went to xda even though they said they will still be checking here. Im not to big on xda yet because there isnt as much activity and you have to have at least 10 post until you can get into any of the threads that really matter. I do read the other threads but people dont seem to be posting as much. I just hope when there are updates they will let us know over here.

Yeah I'm on xda too. I have an account there from the old windows mobile 6 days! I've been in touch with g60 so any progress made on the ICS camera I will post here as well.

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, but I was able to finally get this rom to boot with tjstyle's code. The camera still isn't working but it's a step closer. The error now is that it's not passing the camera info so the camera fails to open. I might be able to force it to open the front or the back camera, but I'm going to try a few things first to see if I can get it to work the way it supposed to. Right now it takes me 3-4 hours to build the rom so progress will be slow. But there is hope! :D

Very nice work.

Reactions: guiitardude
Upvote 0
Btw, you know that you don't need to do a make clean in between every build, right? As long as you don't change any device config files. That will speed up you rebuilds a lot.

aww, I did not know that! So just run the build after changing the camera files is ok?

Also I meant to ask you, where did you get the camera.msm7x30.so in your github from? I noticed it's quite a bit larger than other ones I found. I'm guessing it's either one from a cousin phone's official ICS build or our GB one?

Upvote 0
aww, I did not know that! So just run the build after changing the camera files is ok?

Also I meant to ask you, where did you get the camera.msm7x30.so in your github from? I noticed it's quite a bit larger than other ones I found. I'm guessing it's either one from a cousin phone's official ICS build or our GB one?

That's correct. Just build after making your changes to the camera files.

For the camera.msm7x30.so file, that gets built during the build.

Reactions: rivs
Upvote 0

Well done, man, progress is progress! I'm not a dev, but wanted just to say thank you!

Upvote 0
Okay so I'll post it in this thread. All my camera tests will be posted here:

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing icscamerafix

Please tell me if it works and if it doesn't please supply me with a logcat. Thanks :)
Oh and also if you could try something besides stock Camera that would be nice. Pudding Camera works fine :)

DISCLAIMER
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Reactions: calitrippin
Upvote 0

Please tell me if it works and if it doesn't please supply me with a logcat. Thanks :)
DISCLAIMER
Code:
#include 
/*
 */

So you just flash this over something like CM9?

Upvote 0

Oh and also if you could try something besides stock Camera that would be nice. Pudding Camera works fine :)

DISCLAIMER
Code:
#include 
/*
 */

Didnt Work man :/ I flashed over CM9, and it still cant connect to the camera, thanks alot for trying, i really appreciate it

Upvote 0
I'll flash over paranoid Android and see if it works if not I'll do logcat after work

Didn't work. Camera Ics says can't connect. . Pudding tries to load then reboots phone.. Camera fv5 acts like its working for about 10sec then shows on screen but all black for 3sec then crashes.

Ill do logcat after work and give to you

Yeah i tried the camera a few times on CM9 after flashing it and after two or three times my phone was on a black screen and i had to pull the battery

Upvote 0
Well coping the files manually to their destinations then rebooting causes never ending boot.. I just got home so I will do a logcat...

fresh install of codename android.. added gapps.. booted.. rebooted.. flashed this fix.. rebooted.. found that the files are not where they should be on this rom either.. so...

I copied:
camera to /system/app/
media profiles to /system/etc/
libcamera and liboemcamera to /system/lib/
and finally the other cam file to /system/lib/hw/

then rebooted and never ending boot animation..

getting ready to do logcat.. see if that shows any help..

also the fix.zip update-script.. since it isn't flashing properly is it the mount yaffs2? as we are not using yaffs2? most are probably on ext3 or ext4?

Upvote 0
Well this is the boot loop from CodenameAndroid looping after coping files manually...

I/CameraService( 584): CameraService started (pid=584)
E/HAL ( 584): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.msm7x30.so
E/HAL ( 584): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]: 584 could not load needed library 'libcamera.so' for 'camera.msm7x30.so' (reloc_library[1314]: 584 cannot locate '_ZNK7android16CameraParameters16getTouchIndexAecEPiS1_'...
E/HAL ( 584): )
E/CameraService( 584): Could not load camera HAL module

I think that is the section needed..
Maybe change permissions on libcamera.so?
Well changed to 644 then 777 and still same thing :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones