• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Dialer freezes/hangs/ANR's when reciving or making a call

Thargorsson

Lurker
Recognized Developer
Sep 11, 2017
Schöneiche (DE)
Hi,
first im not a Noob XD.
Good since we clarified that, heres my problem.
Im developing LineageOS 13 for the S3 Neo link here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-neo/orig-development/dev-lineageos-13-0-s3-neo-t3640265/
I've faced much errors in past like graphic glitches and other stuff like force closes but after ive fixed them and wanted to concentrate on the dialer bug i cant see any hope as the error isnt really shown in logcats or somewhere else

Detailed error:
When you open up Dialer and call somebody the app freezes and when you wait it gives you the beep-beep a bit later as if the person youre calling ended the call. Also 3rd party apps have that error. Also you cant accept any incoming calls as every button cant be clicked the whole thing just freezes. There are some logs like skipping 34 frames - the app is doing too much on its main thread but nothing real. The only indicator is that the service Cyanogenmod AmbientAPI is not present in the build (IDK where to get it).

Weird thing is that this comes from official Lineage source cm13 branch to be exact so there shouldnt be any problems with it.

Any help would be great.
Attached are multiple logcats from various devices which owners were kindly enough to give me them.

Attachments

• 2017-09-08-18-13-22.txt
    631.6 KB · Views: 1,676
  • 2017-09-11-22-20-29.txt
    979.3 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 2017-09-11-22-24-00.txt
    514.9 KB · Views: 156
  • dial_log.txt
    86.6 KB · Views: 774

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones