• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did they get rid of the degree symbol on keyboard?

I've had a look and can't see it. The closest thing i can find is something which looks like a full stop but slightly higher which is on the second page of symbols. I know its on the Swype beta keyboard which I use. I'd recommended giving it a try. A lot of people will be put off by swyping instead of typing but it can be used as a regular push touch keyboard and if you get curious you can try Swype if you feel like. Once i mastered it after some effort I don't know how I ever lived without out.

Upvote 0
I've had a look and can't see it. The closest thing i can find is something which looks like a full stop but slightly higher which is on the second page of symbols. I know its on the Swype beta keyboard which I use. I'd recommended giving it a try. A lot of people will be put off by swyping instead of typing but it can be used as a regular push touch keyboard and if you get curious you can try Swype if you feel like. Once i mastered it after some effort I don't know how I ever lived without out.
I actually like the stock Samsung keyboard that is on it. I use that T9 trace and it works great for me. The degree symbol won't kill me but I found it nice and easy to use on my X and fascinate. Can't believe it wouldn't be on there though. I was long pressing that one button hoping the degree would come up, but nothing did. Oh well

Upvote 0
Thanks Cing1nsider
I am running 4.3 on my SGS3 and your tip solved my question about where to find the percent sign on the stock Samsung keyboard.

This did not search up as a solution to my issue when i was looking for it(I found this while roaming the forum for another answer) so I will post my question so your answer will search up for others.

Samsung galaxy s3 where is the percent key on keyboard?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, there is a solve problem: Firstly, open an app where you can use the device's keyboard. The degree symbol is located in the Icons section on the Android phone's keyboard. Place the cursor where you want to add the degree icon. Tap the text field to which you want to add the degree icon (for example, the text field in the Messages section). Then, click on the "?123" button. It is located on the bottom left of the keyboard. When clicked, icons and numbers appear on the keyboard. Touch the next Icons (=/<) button. On most Android phones, the icons are two pages. You will need to touch the button with mathematical symbols to move to the next page. On some Android phones, you need to click on ">" to move to the next page. Touch the degree symbol. A degree symbol will be added to the text field.
degree-symbol-on-android.jpg

Have a good forums!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones