• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Difference between Youtube and Spotify audio?

hmmm interesting. why did Google not have something like that here in the US?

but i think the point of the op, was about the sound quality.

The RIAA I think....$$$$

Google Music China was before Google pulled out of the PRC. I've still got quite a few albums I downloaded, and they're all 320kbps MP3, so the SQ is good enough for me.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
We didn't need Google for free music downloads here in the USA, we had Napster. When that died off, we had the likes of Limewire, BearShare, and uTorrent.

When I began my Android journey in 2009, 2010, there was a similar app to do the same thing called MP3 Music Downloader, and I still have the APK. It doesn't work anymore, I mean it installs, opens, but has nothing to connect to, but I still have the APK.

Upvote 0
We didn't need Google for free music downloads here in the USA, we had Napster. When that died off, we had the likes of Limewire, BearShare, and uTorrent.

When I began my Android journey in 2009, 2010, there was a similar app to do the same thing called MP3 Music Downloader, and I still have the APK. It doesn't work anymore, I mean it installs, opens, but has nothing to connect to, but I still have the APK.

During the '00s in the UK I used them as well. And in China now I sometimes use Pirate Bay.... ahhhh!! Like when I wanted to see what Ahsoka was all about.

Upvote 0
Pirate Bay still exist? The last time I used them was like in 2014 and to watch a show that was unobtainium on DVD and streaming at the time, a show called Andromeda. The WinXP machine got infested with so much adware and malware just by browsing that site that it proved that it's not obsolesence that makes old software insecure, but going to sketchy places on the internet that makes it insecure as it has no idiot-proofing.

I don't advocate pirating, but if something is not purchasable, like the Kathryn Morris show Cold Case, well I don't have any other way to watch it. it's not available on DVD, or streaming, and not broadcast on TV anymore, so if the studios don't need my money, well I do what I gotta do.

Upvote 0
Pirate Bay still exist? The last time I used them was like in 2014 and to watch a show that was unobtainium on DVD and streaming at the time, a show called Andromeda. The WinXP machine got infested with so much adware and malware just by browsing that site that it proved that it's not obsolesence that makes old software insecure, but going to sketchy places on the internet that makes it insecure as it has no idiot-proofing.

Yeah, it still exists. But it's not on its original URL though, and I wont post the current URL here. I always use an ad-blocker, so website adware is never a problem, I'm NOT using Windows, and I'm using a VPN.

I don't advocate pirating, but if something is not purchasable, like the Kathryn Morris show Cold Case, well I don't have any other way to watch it. it's not available on DVD, or streaming, and not broadcast on TV anymore, so if the studios don't need my money, well I do what I gotta do.

I don't advocate piracy either, but like I wanted to see some episodes of The Mandalorian and Ahsoka, to see what all the hype and excitement was about and there's no Disney+ in China.

Upvote 0
I could never get into any Star Wars since the original trilogy. I can't stand the edited trilogy changes either, and own an original unedited VHS set. I did see The Force Awakens, but there was a few off-putting things about it. Killing off Han Solo sure didn't help.

I see a ton of 'baby Yoda' stickers everywhere and I'm outta the loop on that one, but I assume it has a lot to do with a later series in the same universe. For myself, there is only ONE Yoda and he died in Return of the Jedi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones