• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I qualify for a discount

I can confirm I have a 25% discount from a company I no longer, (or ever for that matter) work(ed) for :D.

I would luuuuuuuuuuv to learn the 411 on that one. Sprint taxes THE HELL out of me EVERY month have been for 10yrs but now its crazy If I was to know the exact info to tell these wallet guzzlin people so I could get a discount :D P.s. Does Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease still work?

Upvote 0
I was told in order to get a new to you discount, you had to commit to a new 2 year contract. Consider where you are on your current contract before going for it. MOST Sprint reps have been good about letting me know when I inquired. (not all)

when i got my sprint service, the rep gave me a 10% discount for having an aol mail account. its not much, but it covers the $7 insurance fee every month.

Only certain types of AOL accounts qualify. Most do.
Sprint Discount FAQs - AOL Help

Any idea if Sprint checks this info if say you move on to a different company down the road?
Yes they do on an irregular schedule.

Many credit unions are part of a national credit union affiliation.
See Credit Union & Sprint

10% discount for Sprint personal account
15% discount for Sprint business account

I may have missed it, but US Postal workers get 25% discount on the monthly bill. There were some other discounts but I'm not sure if the other discounts still apply. I'm not sure if that is thru the union or the postal service.

Upvote 0
Awesome list, thanks for taking the time to compile this!

I am looking to sign up for an individual account for myself only. My wife's employer discount is larger than mine - does anyone know if I am able to use her discount for my service?

She's currently grandfathered into an old plan on her parents' account, so no one is using her email address for employee discount.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Awesome list, thanks for taking the time to compile this!

I am looking to sign up for an individual account for myself only. My wife's employer discount is larger than mine - does anyone know if I am able to use her discount for my service?

She's currently grandfathered into an old plan on her parents' account, so no one is using her email address for employee discount.

FYI - I'll answer my own question. :)

I was able to use my wife's email to sign up. no issues.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know any discounts for those who are self employed?

I'm no expert on this subject,but,your best bet is probably using any organization memberships that you may have, such as AAA,credit union,or an AOL e-mail account,etc......

I just finished re-reading this entire thread.If you check out each post, especially those w/links to other sources,there is quite a bit of information about discounts that may be helpful to those that are self-employed.

Some were successful using a spouse/relative's e-mail to qualify for a discount.

The AAA discount would pretty much pay for the membership itself if you cannot find anything that would apply to your situation.

Although not necessary,(just my opinion as a result of personal experience),I'd visit your local SPRINT store to get whichever discount you choose to apply for activation.

Reactions: iTzKPanda
Upvote 0
If your employer isn't blessed with a discount you should look into the credit union or other organization member's discounts.

Unfortunately this type of discount is a paultry 10%. I think it's disgusting that employees of certain companies get 25% or 2.5 times the discount I get simply for being employed at certain companies.

But alas, life is unfair, and so is Sprint.

Upvote 0
If your employer isn't blessed with a discount you should look into the credit union or other organization member's discounts.

Unfortunately this type of discount is a paultry 10%. I think it's disgusting that employees of certain companies get 25% or 2.5 times the discount I get simply for being employed at certain companies.

But alas, life is unfair, and so is Sprint.

Wow, Simcha, this is a prime example of how so many of your posts are beginning to sound plain silly. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones