• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR ZMAX PRO!

anubis2048

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2015
McMurdo Station,Antarctica
The DirtyCow Exploit works on Android and could be used to root our beloved Zmax Pro and *virtually all other android devices*. This is the exploit we've been waiting for. All we have to do is wait until a script or app is released that takes advantage of this exploit.
Here is a video explaining how it works - and yes, it applies to Android devices too, not just Linux.

http://androiding.how/dirty-cow-root-android/
There's the guide for those who want to give it a try. You need to use Linux though, so I suggest using a virtual machine.

Last edited:
Think I've got it working but I have to have some sort of script to install supersu, and I can't find any. If anyone would post a script to install supersu then that would be appreciated. The DirtyCow exploit only allows you to have a program that can execute other programs as root - so I need a work around to get root working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones