• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you need your old phone on hand to keep the same number when switching to Telus?

Hi. I have been the owner of a Samsung Nexus S for 10 months now but unfortunately I have lost my phone and tried everything to get it back without any luck. I have been with Koodo for just over 3 years and I have liked them so far, however their lack of nice new smartphones are pulling my away from them and towards another carrier so I can really get the phone I want. I am thinking of moving to Telus because they have great phones, good plans, and my family and friends recommend them. I will probably go with a Galaxy phone. I was ready on their website and it says to bring your old phone in when you by your new one if you want to transfer your old number to Telus. But since I lost the phone I can't bring it in so will I still be able to transfer the number? I have also used their website and checked if the number is okay to switch and everything is good. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones