• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone know of the new Galaxy Q? SGH-T589R

pchemerys

Dec 16, 2011
Does anyone know of this newer phone (in Canada on Rogers) the Samsung Galaxy Q? part of Rogers new class called Smartphone Lite (so that people can get these smartphones and aren't forced to get data plans) Runs Froyo 2.2.2 on 800Mhz cpu.. looking for help on flashing rom/kernel now that it's rooted but I can't find any specific help for this exact phone here or anywhere else. Anyone know anything about it? or where to go to get help? Is there another Galaxy phone that is basically the same thing but different name? I know it was originally supposed to be the "Tab" but that ended up being just that..an Android Tablet and not the smartphone that this Q is...Any help would be great!

ok thanks for the help..i thought that might be the case..but what about the ONE ROM ON THIS SITE.. and maybe the other few that are out there.. do you know at all if I can OVERCLOCK THIS PHONE with THE ROM on this site or with others? that's basically all i need to know now that it's basically confirmed that there are no other kernels or roms to be created. thanks

Upvote 0
From what i saw the only rom available has nothing to offer on that side. The image is based on stock so no new kernel. He maybe themed it a bit but his rom is just some removed apps and put in his own flavored one.

EDIT: Based on the post on that one rom no new kernel are out since Samsung has not released the source. You can't overclock and probably never will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones