• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone know what app uses this icon?

JadedLuv2bad

Lurker
Jun 19, 2019
My Fiance' sent me a screenshot and I noticed this white heart with a smile icon in his notifications. Does anyone know what app uses this icon for notifications?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190619-034150_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190619-034150_Messenger.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 18,613
Reactions: Rushikssh
So it's along with the battery, clock, and screenshot icons. Which likely means it's from some system process or app. It's something that the manufacturer or carrier put on the phone, rather than some user installed third-party app. If you know what phone it is, make and model, the user guide might tell you what it's various notification icons mean

They really should stop using heart notifications for anything but real dating apps like Tindr, Ashley Madison, etc. as they frequently make people think and suspect the worse of their partners or fiances. Perhaps Google could put it in the Android developer UI guidelines, NO hearts unless its a dating app

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If you’re talking about the heart icon,
This most likely is some sort of health data/health app. This is most likely from a Fitbit app or anything like that. Where it requires a smart watch to work…

If you are not talking about the heart icon,
Because I also see a X icon notification in the picture as well. That is most likely a third-party app, or a virus on the phone.

Upvote 0
It's not the fitbit app, that is quite different. But there are many, many other health/fitness apps.

You could just ask him/her, you know?

Perhaps Google could put it in the Android developer UI guidelines, NO hearts unless its a dating app
They'd need a new icon for "Google Fit" first...

Upvote 0
I also received a screenshot with this same smiling heart icon from a long distance relationship so really want to know what app this is
if you want to know exactly, you will need to go into the phone's notifications list to find out. without doing so, will only be speculation on our part, as there are over a million icons and more that can represent apps.

we get this question on a daily basis and most never get fully answered......only guesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones