• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Maxx did not get 5.0 lollipop, but my android tablet got it this morning

smacksy

Jun 1, 2015
Hi all, I'm a bit confused because this droid Maxx did not receive the lollipop upgrade but my Android tablet did just this morning. How will I know when my phone will get 5.0 lollipop? I have looked for system updates but I have not gotten any. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

What tablet have you actually got, because many devices have already been upgraded Lollipop, while others are still waiting and may never receive it.

If it is carrier branded, you need to ask your carrier. They prepare the updates.

Oh yeh a Droid Maxx is definitely carrier branded, exclusive to Verizon Wireless AFAIK. And they might be taking their own sweet time over upgrading it. I believe it's also known as Moto X, if it's not the Verizon version.

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Oh yeh a Droid Maxx is definitely carrier branded, exclusive to Verizon Wireless AFAIK. I believe it's also known as Moto X, if it's not the Verizon version.
Yes Verizon is the carrier for both my max and ellipsis tablet..what I don't understand is the tablet got the lollipop upgrade this morning, and the max did not... Both are Verizon

Upvote 0
Verizon and Motorola determine the schedule for upgrades. Motorola supports many phones; they can't work on upgrades for all of them at the same time. Not sure who makes your tablet, but just because it got updated, it doesn't mean that the maxx will get it at the same time.

The phone will give you a notification when it has downloaded the update and it is ready to install.

Upvote 0
See you're looking for a correlation that's really nonexistent. Your tablet got it, your neighbor with the same exact tablet from Verizon could easily wait for months to receive lollipop. Your phone hasn't received it and it could be long until it does, longer than someone else with the same phone.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Verizon store says its Android.. I got it free on my upgrade to this Droid Maxx.. funny thing is it got the lollipop 5.0 upgrade this morning, and this Maxx did not..Its still KitKat 4.4.4...

Android is not the make, that's what it runs, like your Droid phone. :) Most likely it is from a Chinese OEM though, possibly Quanta, it looks like one of their devices. Who will almost certainly be on a different update release schedule to Moto.

Last edited:
Reactions: smacksy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones