• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Turbo Camera Flash

Sterling

Lurker
May 18, 2010
Have had my Turbo for about two weeks now and attempted to use the camera with flash activated and got no flash.
I know that it was working before, but for some reason it had stopped.
I did notice that when attempting to take a photo with the flash activated right after launching the camera app that one of the leds would emit a very dim flash. Any other tries after that, then I would get nothing.
This same behavior would repeat with a different camera app too. Also, same thing with a flashlight app.
Now a day after the flash was acting up, it has returned to functioning properly.
I even tried deleting the camera data and cache when it was acting up, but with no results.
Not sure if this is a known problem, or I may possibly have a defective unit?
I have just one day left to exchange this phone for a new one, so I thought I would see if anyone else is having issues too?
Thanks

Have had my Turbo for about two weeks now and attempted to use the camera with flash activated and got no flash.
I know that it was working before, but for some reason it had stopped.
I did notice that when attempting to take a photo with the flash activated right after launching the camera app that one of the leds would emit a very dim flash. Any other tries after that, then I would get nothing.
This same behavior would repeat with a different camera app too. Also, same thing with a flashlight app.
Now a day after the flash was acting up, it has returned to functioning properly.
I even tried deleting the camera data and cache when it was acting up, but with no results.
Not sure if this is a known problem, or I may possibly have a defective unit?
I have just one day left to exchange this phone for a new one, so I thought I would see if anyone else is having issues too?
Thanks
Sterling, I'm having the exact same issue with my new Droid Turbo. Did you find a solution or replace the phone?

Upvote 0
I guess I found a "solution":

After 2 days of the flash not working it does now. First I wiped the phones cache partition, that made no difference. Then I booted into safe mode and that made no difference, flash still would only briefly flash the right LED when turning the flashlight on. Then I left the phone on playing movies until the battery wore down completely and the phone turned itself off. Charged the phone to 100%, turned it on, and the flash was now working properly again. I find it hard to believe wearing the battery down till the phone turned off actually did anything because it doesn't actually wear the battery down to nothing (it's not the same as removing the battery), but if you have this problem and your superstitious you might give it a try as well.

Now I'll see how long it takes before the problem arises again.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones