• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Probably out in the boonies where there's no 4G (or even 3G) service yet. They don't upgrade areas where no one human lives (chipmunks don't pay their bills), and very few people pass through. Remember, there are still some areas of the country in which there's no service at all - not even voice - so having even minimal data isn't the worst that can happen. (And if I read your name correctly, "no service at all" really means no service on only one of your communications devices, as far as you're concerned, right?)

Reactions: K2CLH
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys! Yes, phone is only one of my communication methods. I have not ever seen 3G. Either 4G or this E thing. It is slower for sure so I guess it doesn't matter what it stands for it just matters how fast it is. It was so slow that when I ran a speed test the speed tester said network communication error. It took 30+ seconds to load Google and Google works hard to have a very quick homepage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones