• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Edge Confusion

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
So, I'm a bit annoyed and frustrated at my (formerly) favorite VZW store. My wife and I are both on the edge program. I have an S7 edge, and she has the iphone 6.

Back in November, we went down there and asked them how much more of her phone we had to pay off before we could trade it in for an upgrade. They told us by the end of January, we would have enough paid off to do that. We went in today and got a completely different story. They told us that in fact, she had to completely pay off her device to upgrade! They told us that her phone is NOT one of the devices that can be traded in at half or 60% the cost to be upgraded.

They said the edge program changed names and apparently it is no longer the case that any and all devices on edge can be traded in at 60% paid off. Apparently my phone can be traded in at 50% value, but hers can't be. I find this a very low blow and I feel cheated.

I've come to the conclusion that either they lied to me last time, they were very uninformed and had no idea what they were talking about, or the program changed so much that we have to come up with extra money or wait 6 months to have it paid off.

Has anyone else had this issue? Honestly I'm in NO hurry to spend any more money at this location. I don't even want them to make commission off of me. I am actually tempted to buy my next device at an authorized retailer to avoid lining their deceptive pockets.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones