• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Entered recovery mode by mistake and Stuck

Entered recovery mode by mistake and Stuck

• general

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GÜLŞAH

Lurker
Nov 7, 2017
Hello,

I have accidently put my phone into recovery mode and i can not exit from it. Rebooting and powering off and on doesnt solve anything, it opens to recovery mode again.
I believe that it happened since i hold the power button too long and accidently pressed volume button at the same time. I have checked a lot but couldnt find how to fix. Since i havent backed up my pictures yet, i want to know that if there is a way to exit from this mode without deleting my pictures? I couldnt understand if installing from adb (ı dont know what it does) or fastboot to reboot will delete my data? In addition, i havent been able to install the latest update since my phone didnt have enough memory. Could this situation be related to that? Sorry for asking lot of questions but i am really worried since i dont have any service to have it checked up .

P.S:my volume button is not stuck.

Plsz help
Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 887
Selecting reboot should make the phone boot normally. If it keeps booting into recovery that would imply that there is a problem that prevents it booting normally, which if the button isn't stuck would be something like the operating system being corrupted (which would not be good for recovering your data).

Try wiping cache from recovery (just cache, nothing else). A long shot, but you never know and it is one thing that won't cause data loss.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately that's impossible to tell at a distance. It's generally referred to as the "ROM" because it should be read-only when in normal operation, at least on an unrooted device. So it shouldn't happen unless you do something like interrupt a system update. So if that actually is the problem I don't know how it could have happened.

Reactions: GÜLŞAH
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones