• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to be a "Quiet Launch"?

gluis

Nov 3, 2009
I've seen a couple of reports stating that the Eris is supposed to launch on Nov. 6th also. Without having heard anything official I'm curious if it will just be a "quiet launch" or same day "announcement and launch" so as to not detract from the Moto Droid.

I called the local Verizon store and the sales guy acted totally ignorant ... I'm not talking "Oh, gee, there is nothing official" but more like "Eris? What's that???" He just lost commission ... I'll order online.

Yeah the HTC Eris will be released on the 6th as well but they are not going to be shipping out in the amount the Moto Droid is. They will be there as a cheaper ($99) option to the Droid ($199) but it will only be running 1.6, which is a shame. Just go into a store or call on the 6th and you might get lucky.

Upvote 0
It is releasing November 6th, but Verizon is attempting to have a premier phone with the Droid and the Eris as an option for those who want the Droid but don't care for its' aesthetics. The holiday lineup will be made official tomorrow and you'll hear more about the Eris soon, including advertising and such for it. VZW has other phones in the pipe that are bigger and better, so it obviously won't have nearly the coverage as the Droid or some of the other future options coming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones