• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Essential Phone - Quick Tip - Home Screen Rotation

NewYork_NY

Lurker
Oct 30, 2017
Since my blog talking about my favorite feature on the Essential - home screen rotation, I've received a bunch of questions on how to turn on this feature - so here goes...

Home Screen Rotation…

Activation is simple.
There’s actually an additional ‘systems’ menu that comes up when you long press a blank space on your Home Screen.

Clicking on the Settings Cog will bring up a menu to ‘Allow Home screen rotation’ when phone is rotated. Just turn it on and you’re good to go.

That's all there is to it. Now when you rotate your Essential phone between Portrait and Landscape position the screen will rotate in kind.

Happy Home Screen Rotating all... Cheers!

Have questions about the Essential Phone? Let me know!

Rick

As part of a device ambassador program I have the glorious opportunity to test out multiple devices by multiple manufacturers and write my opinions. I am not an employee of a device manufacturer and I do not speak on behalf of any mobile carriers. My opinions are solely my own. R

Reactions: dontpanicbobby

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones