• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange problems: I can see emails but not Calendar entries!

Hi

My emails are syncing fine, but my Calendar wont sync at all!

My setup:
I am using MS Exchange (2007) and Android JellyBean (4.1.2) on Galaxy Note 2.
I am using Outlook2010 on Win7 x64 on my PCs.

EMAILS SYNC FINE
Emails I send on Outlook(v2010 on Win7 x64) appear on my phone.
Emails I send on my phone appear in Outlook.
All good. :)

BUT CALENDAR IS NOT SYNCING
Calendar entries in Outlook are NOT appearing on my Galaxy note.
Calendar entries on my phone using S Planner (or the Week Calendar app) are not appearing on my Outlook. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have various "calendars" visible on S Planner including:
"My Calendar"
"My Exchange [my emails address]"
"My Gmail account"

But no matter which calendar I select, the entries are NOT going back to Exchange and are not visible through Outlook (on my PCs).

How come I can see emails but not Outlook Calendar entries?
Do I need to set up a special VPN or something?

I am getting desperate!

J

I was having the same problem today. Not sure what was going on. I use Sam Galaxy Note 4 -- I went into outlook calendar on phone and put an entry in...bam, everything started showing up from entries made on laptop. Go figure.

Upvote 0
I tried FJN4's solution which is probably correct for a lot of cases, but it didn't work for me. After many hours communicating with Microsoft support I have another solution.

I have successfully setup Activesync on a number of Android and IOS devices, but when I recently replaced my Samsung S5 I had to reinstall Activesync. After entering my email address and password as normal, the account seemed to be setup. I received an email in the native Android email app from "Microsoft Account" sent to "me" with the title "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL". The header of the email reads "Set up Outlook and focus on what's important". In the middle of the email is a blue banner that reads "Get Outlook for Android".

WARNING: IF YOU WANT YOUR CALENDAR AND EMAILS TO SYNC WITH THE NATIVE ANDROID CALENDAR AND EMAIL APPS, DO NOT TOUCH THIS BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hours searching the web for an answer, out of frustration, I contacted Microsoft support. I then spent hours messaging back and forth to the Android Outlook Help, I went back to the email to advise Microsoft support what it said and I noticed the link "If you'd prefer to use another mail app on your phone or tablet, click here and you will get your mail on this device. (It doesn't mention Calendar)

After clicking the small blue link "click here" link, it links to the Activesync server, changes a setting and HALLELUJAH calendar and emails sync to the native Android apps.

If you want to use Outlook on your Android, download it from Play Store later.

I hope this post saves some other poor sole hours of frustration thanks to Microsoft. It's just another example of the big companies using deceptive conduct in an attempt to lock users into their product!

Upvote 0
Hi

My emails are syncing fine, but my Calendar wont sync at all!

My setup:
I am using MS Exchange (2007) and Android JellyBean (4.1.2) on Galaxy Note 2.
I am using Outlook2010 on Win7 x64 on my PCs.

EMAILS SYNC FINE
Emails I send on Outlook(v2010 on Win7 x64) appear on my phone.
Emails I send on my phone appear in Outlook.
All good. :)

BUT CALENDAR IS NOT SYNCING
Calendar entries in Outlook are NOT appearing on my Galaxy note.
Calendar entries on my phone using S Planner (or the Week Calendar app) are not appearing on my Outlook. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have various "calendars" visible on S Planner including:
"My Calendar"
"My Exchange [my emails address]"
"My Gmail account"

But no matter which calendar I select, the entries are NOT going back to Exchange and are not visible through Outlook (on my PCs).

How come I can see emails but not Outlook Calendar entries?
Do I need to set up a special VPN or something?

I am getting desperate!

J

You probably already have but ensure your mobile has a passcord/pincode set (the passcord that unlocks your phone). Exchange requires the device to be secure so setting a pincode will ensure syncing will pull down your calendar entries smoothly.

Surprised this wasn't mentioned....

Upvote 0
prepare to be Beta-crap mindblown

same problem here. exchange to android. running on a moto G 1st gen.

Suddenly this started a few weeks ago after years of no problem.

The fix... From outlook/exchange/etc., change the "Show As" listing in each calendar entry to Tentative, rather than busy, out of the office, free, etc.

Re-sync on android using the system/settings/accounts/sync/exchange sliding the calendar sync toggle from off back to on.

Reactions: 0112183468
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have a similar problem :
I am on a galaxy A5, and I am connected to my outlook 2010 professional address. I have no control over it, it's all IT's department.

A few days ago it was working find, but suddenly, all calendar events stopped showing on my calendar app. Email and contacts still do sync. Going to account settings says that the agenda syncing is done.
I tried the following :
- I checked apps permissions -gmail, calendar, and email- to allow everything.
- I empied the cache and then forced syncing the account.
- I rebooted the phone with factory setting and reinstalled everything over

I don't really know what else to do...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones