• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook app not connecting to internet

YeahDaryl

Lurker
Oct 19, 2012
A few days ago my Facebook stopped connecting to the internet. It couldn't load any new timeline stories or view notifications so I tried to log out and log in again to fix it and I've been unable to log in ever since. Every other app works fine. I'm also unable to log in to Facebook Messenger app. I've uploaded a screenshot of what it says. I managed to post the screenshot to my Facebook page using the browser, which I assume means my internet is working.

My phone isn't rooted or anything and I've even tried a full factory reset.
14193698_839692076131634_642673015_n.jpg

Hello!
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I am having the same issue. I get the same message when I try to log into the app on either the 4G network or using WiFi.
I have tried all the tips and tricks that have been suggested in various forums but nothing has worked.
The only thing, I can think is that it has something to do with the recent FB app upgrade. I didn't have this problem before I updated the app.
I can log into my FB account fine via a web browser and my messenger app still works fine. It is just the FB app.
Would love to know if anyone has a solution!
Wendy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones