• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook install error 504 on Samsung Tab4

Samsung Tab4 running Android 5.1.1 with over 5GB available space had Facebook running for 2 years. Facebook demanded that I upgrade (could not continue to use old, working version). Downloaded Fb from Play Store, after interminable period reported error 504, unable to install. I have followed all the recommendations (clear Play Store memory/cache, restart etc.) and have retried many times, always with the same result. FB loads happily on my Samsung GT-93011 phone but no longer on Tab4. Help?

I had previously asked this question on the Facebook forum, but received no replies.

Good day Roger,

I remember that I had this problem a while ago (also with Facebook) when I upgraded my Android. It turned out that my 4G connection was having trouble, after combining that with a total clean up of caches and junk it worked again. I found this site that showed how to do all this. I am on phone atm, I will post the link once I am home.

http://www.fixtechproblems.com/fix-android-error-504/

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Good day Roger,

I remember that I had this problem a while ago (also with Facebook) when I upgraded my Android. It turned out that my 4G connection was having trouble, after combining that with a total clean up of caches and junk it worked again. I found this site that showed how to do all this. I am on phone atm, I will post the link once I am home.

http://www.fixtechproblems.com/fix-android-error-504/

Thank you very much indeed.

I have not used Mobile Data for years (not since I got an £80 bill one month when roaming!) but my WiFi is very slow, so I will try these solutions when I get fibre broadband next month. It just seems strange that this problem only occurs on the Tab4, not on my old S3, nor on an S5 I have just bought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones