• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory Reset Activa 4G

bdawg5020

Lurker
Nov 14, 2012
Hello

I having serious problems with my phone I cant download anything from the play store anymore because every time I get an error saying "insufficient memory" even though i have enough internal and external memory.

I tried to hard reset the phone but the only thing that come up is a white screen that says "QPST DOWNLOADER Key Pressed" and that's it

and when I factory reset the phone from the settings menu it doesn't do anything but delete everything on my sd card.

so i decided to download the original firmware from the huawei homepage with the tfupdate.img but when I place it on the SD Card and do the software update it says that it cant find the update and resets. Am I supposed to place the tfupdate.img somewhere else on the sd card?

I seriously need help because I m going crazy.

Hello

I having serious problems with my phone I cant download anything from the play store anymore because every time I get an error saying "insufficient memory" even though i have enough internal and external memory.

I tried to hard reset the phone but the only thing that come up is a white screen that says "QPST DOWNLOADER Key Pressed" and that's it

and when I factory reset the phone from the settings menu it doesn't do anything but delete everything on my sd card.

so i decided to download the original firmware from the huawei homepage with the tfupdate.img but when I place it on the SD Card and do the software update it says that it cant find the update and resets. Am I supposed to place the tfupdate.img somewhere else on the sd card?

I seriously need help because I m going crazy.

It's suppose to be in a folder called "image". So on the root of your SD card there has to be a folder called "image" with the tfupdate.img file inside that folder. Do that and try to update again. It should work.

Upvote 0
It's suppose to be in a folder called "image". So on the root of your SD card there has to be a folder called "image" with the tfupdate.img file inside that folder. Do that and try to update again. It should work.

yes i put it into a folder called "image" and I put that folder on the first "page" when u open the sd card on the computer. there are a couple of other folders like "download", "android", etc

Upvote 0
yes i put it into a folder called "image" and I put that folder on the first "page" when u open the sd card on the computer. there are a couple of other folders like "download", "android", etc

Then it should work, I don't see why it won't, I've used that method half a dozen times with no issue. I wonder whats wrong :thinking: Which volume button are you pressing when you turn on your phone?

Reactions: Flablitz
Upvote 0
Then it should work, I don't see why it won't, I've used that method half a dozen times with no issue. I wonder whats wrong :thinking: Which volume button are you pressing when you turn on your phone?

Yea thats why I dont understand why it is not working. i cant even factory reset or hard reset my phone.

when i press the volume button down I get: "QPST DOWNLOADER Key Pressed
and when i press it up I get: "tfupdate.img does not exist"

(maybe it was vice versa :D)

Upvote 0
Yea thats why I dont understand why it is not working. i cant even factory reset or hard reset my phone.

when i press the volume button down I get: "QPST DOWNLOADER Key Pressed
and when i press it up I get: "tfupdate.img does not exist"

(maybe it was vice versa :D)

You need to have the actual tfupdate.img file on the root of the sd. Take it out of that image folder and paste it to where the folder originally was

Reactions: Flablitz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones