• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help factory reset galaxy y

Reset your phone using this method:
1. Switch off the phone
2. Press Home+volume up+power button all at same time and hold for a few seconds, a menu will appear
3. Use your volume keys to scroll through the menu till u get "Reset" option
4. press Home key to select reset option!!

Its best way to reset device...... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Upvote 0
Connect to internet, got to Accounts and Sync and remove the samsung account.

If you can't find a Samsung account in "Accounts and Sync", remove the account (email address) that you used to sign up for a samsung account. This is what I had to do to fix this problem on my 2nd hand Galaxy Y DUOS that kept trying to connect to the previous owner's Gmail account.

I tried to delete his gmail account and a message popped up that I could only delete it by a factory reset. When I tried the factory reset it told me I had to delete the "Samsung account" first. I couldn't find a Samsung account anywhere so I searched and found this forum.

I followed Sasuketobi's instructions above but there was no "samsung account" to delete in "Accounts and Sync". There were just the original owner's Gmail, a new Gmail that I created and my Hotmail. By accident I discovered that it was my Hotmail address that I needed to delete - not an account called Samsung but the account I used to create the Samsung account. As soon as I deleted my Hotmail account, a message popped up saying that I had deleted the Samsung account.

I was reluctant to try the other methods on this forum.

Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
If you can't find a Samsung account in "Accounts and Sync", remove the account (email address) that you used to sign up for a samsung account. This is what I had to do to fix this problem on my 2nd hand Galaxy Y DUOS that kept trying to connect to the previous owner's Gmail account.

I tried to delete his gmail account and a message popped up that I could only delete it by a factory reset. When I tried the factory reset it told me I had to delete the "Samsung account" first. I couldn't find a Samsung account anywhere so I searched and found this forum.

I followed Sasuketobi's instructions above but there was no "samsung account" to delete in "Accounts and Sync". There were just the original owner's Gmail, a new Gmail that I created and my Hotmail. By accident I discovered that it was my Hotmail address that I needed to delete - not an account called Samsung but the account I used to create the Samsung account. As soon as I deleted my Hotmail account, a message popped up saying that I had deleted the Samsung account.

I was reluctant to try the other methods on this forum.

Hope this helps someone.

I had exact sam situation and once I logged in to my so called hotmail account (which really was the Samsung account username and pasword), I was able to delete it and viola.. I was able to factory reset. Thanks! I signed up for this forum just to thank you. Had reset option did not work for me and did not try dialing the numbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones