• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Reviews are available

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Jan 3, 2011
Scotland
From those I've read so far nobody likes the fingerprint position and nobody thinks Bixby was worth the effort, never mind the button. So pretty predictable.

GSMArena's S8+ review has messed-up the audio measurements: they've copied and pasted the Mate 9's measurements into the table in place of the S8+'s (take a look, every single number in those 2 rows is identical for those 2 phones, and identical to those in the Mate 9 review). I've pointed this out to them, and so far their response has been to moderate out my (polite) comment ;)

Edit: but at least they fixed the problem the next day, even if they didn't want to admit it ever happened...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GSMArena's S8+ review has messed-up the audio measurements: they've copied and pasted the Mate 9's measurements into the table in place of the S8+'s (take a look, every single number in those 2 rows is identical for those 2 phones, and identical to those in the Mate 9 review). I've pointed this out to them, and so far their response has been to moderate out my (polite) comment ;)

lol typical, if you cant read it, then it didn't happen ;)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
lol typical, if you cant read it, then it didn't happen ;)
It's quite fun actually. I posted (anonymous) replies to a couple of other comments, and all but one went through the moderation very quickly. But the one that observed that Sammobile.com had chosen to not mention the pink tint of one of their review units in their review, and indeed praised the display despite this flaw being visible in their photos, and wondered what else reviewers might gloss over to avoid offending the manufacturers they relied on... yeah, that one didn't make it past the censors ;)

Upvote 0
While I'm still holding out for the Note 8 I am very interested in the reviews on the S8 as these features will very likely find their way into the next Note. I am still hoping for a less fragile build on the Note 8 though with the infinity edge display. It's totally wasted if you have to put your phone in a case! All of you with your beautify new S8's and S8+'s, congratulations on your new phone! Have a grand time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones