• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fitbit Force Recall E-Mail

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Interesting timing... I literally JUST got an E-Mail from FitBit about their product recall. I'm guessing they had my E-Mail address from BestBuy's purchase records - which itself is pretty interesting - but thought I'd share it here:

Dear Customer,

This e-mail is being sent to you because you are a registered user of the Fitbit Force Activity-Tracking Wristband, which is being voluntarily recalled by Fitbit, Inc. in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Users can develop allergic reactions to the stainless steel casing, materials used in the strap, or adhesives used to assemble the product, resulting in redness, rashes or blistering. Consumers should stop using the Fitbit Force Activity-Tracking Wristband and return the product to Fitbit for a full refund. Please open the attached document for the official press release. For additional information regarding this product recall, click here.

Sincerely,

Fitbit, Inc.

I haven't had any problems myself. I have a friend without rashes who says it causes slight itchiness, but I wonder a bit if the announcement hasn't put thoughts in people's heads. If you've ever watched a science show show about all the microscopic critters on a healthy human's body you know what I mean.

Has anyone else got this e-mail and/or returned their Fitbit Force?

I was actually researching the Force and Flex at the end of January. I read may complaints about the rash so I decided to get the Flex. I read many theories on what is causing the rash but none have been confirmed. Some said the battery, the nickel clasp, and something in the rubber itself. It could be because it is larger than the Flex and more sweat/crud is built up under it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones