• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fix for Google Contacts Not Syncing

:)Thanks to the folks in this forum, I was able to fix my syncing for contacts and you can too if you're having this problem.

Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>contacts storage and then delete the data. I backed up my Google contacts on line first by exporting the file just in case. (Not a bad idea anyway, this way you'll have an Excel database with all your contact in case anything should ever happen to your phone).

Then resync. It will all go back in without a problem. I noticed that the file is about 1/2 the size now and I think that's because I didn't sync up all the Facebook data back yet (no photos matching to people, etc.). but I think I'll make sure it all syncs continuously again first, then try adding back in the Facebook info.

Hope this helps others. So far two of the problems were solved by deleting old data (I didn't want to do a factory reset after getting 2.1 just where I wanted it except for the few glitches).

Thanks all.

Upvote 0
Step I: add your email
Step 2: turn off WiFi and mobile data
Step 3: switch off &switch on
Step 4: auto syn started
For more visit my YouTube channel type-sakhanii khonah

The initial sync seems to work fine. What fails is any future contact syncing. So your noted solution does not help after the first failure. And if your solution is just to remove the account and add it multiple times, that has also already been suggested.

Upvote 0
I noticed an important omission that I had to share here to get the "delete Contacts Storage" fix to work. With my version of Android at least, 6.0.1, when you open the Application Manager, you don't see Contacts Storage, only Contacts. You have to first touch the vertical 3 dots symbol and select Show System Apps. Now, Contacts Storage is visible. Note that clearing data from Contacts only will not work. Hope that helps. :)
DUDE! You ROCK! :)

Upvote 0
I noticed an important omission that I had to share here to get the "delete Contacts Storage" fix to work. With my version of Android at least, 6.0.1, when you open the Application Manager, you don't see Contacts Storage, only Contacts. You have to first touch the vertical 3 dots symbol and select Show System Apps. Now, Contacts Storage is visible. Note that clearing data from Contacts only will not work. Hope that helps. :)
KRPataky!!!! I've been struggling trying to find the "Contacts Storage" for 2 days! YOU ROCK!!! Now all works as it should. THANK YOU!!!!

Upvote 0
But this will make us lost the new contacts we have created after the last succeed sync.
Am I right?
Right. Depending on your phone, you probably have a setting somewhere to back up contacts to storage. You can back that up and then import it into whichever service you use for syncing (say, Google Contacts) and you will be all set. Google, if it does duplicate the contacts you already have, has an option to merge duplicate contacts. Next sync you should be all set.

Upvote 0
Dear All

I am using xperia mini, i reset my phone because my gtalk was not working. after reseting i have tried above all method to sync contacts in gtalk but its not working.

i have not installed any other app after factory reseting bcoz first i wanted to install gtalk and operate. I have also checked hangout but its not compatible with my xperia devise

When i refresh sync is experiencing problem displays. Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones