• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [FIXED!] How to get Froyo if your OTA is failing!

Turn off any running applications on your PC, disable any antivirus software as well. Something is interfering with your communication.

Switching to another PC has also had success.

WHEWWW... switching to another computer worked the first time !!!

back to normal...downloading 2.2 now and we'll see if it works. I'm happy to be back at normal now.

Thanks you ! thank you !

Upvote 0
This will flash the stock rom, kernel, modem, system files, and stock recovery. It will also format the data and cache. (IT WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE)

Doesn't the above qualify as a "factory reset"? Actually, as you surmised this update never worked (in the past) - I don't expect it to suddenly work now (as I've tried it before with various reset, battery pulls, etc. - no dice).

Anyway, now it's in a state (after the failure to get EA28) where the baseband version shows EA28 while the build number remains at DI01.

Upvote 0
Doesn't the above qualify as a "factory reset"? Actually, as you surmised this update never worked (in the past) - I don't expect it to suddenly work now (as I've tried it before with various reset, battery pulls, etc. - no dice).

Anyway, now it's in a state (after the failure to get EA28) where the baseband version shows EA28 while the build number remains at DI01.

Ye mine says the same thing where the baseband is ea28 and the build is DI01. Anyway to manually install Froyo without using the OTA.

Upvote 0

If the EA28 update (with emergency call fix) never worked before, then chances are this wasnt going to work either Via OTA.

If you want, you can try this:

DL09 firmware (without emergency call fix), flash it exactly the same way you did with DI01.

This may get you to a point further, if it doesnt you may want to take your phone back to verizon.

LINK: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Upvote 0
Tried 2 laptops, multiple usb. original usb cable. When I put the battery back and poer on phone get phone icon to computer icon with a gold triangle with ! in it. Please help... Thank You

Don't panic like i did...yet. Grahxen was right, it just took a few tries and in my case a different computer. 2.2 installed correctly !!

Is this process just about the same as re-booting? I'm not as scared to as i was before all this troubleshooting today?

also waiting for a call back from Verizon about it not loading.."there way" and i can throw out the RA samsung sent me ! I'll wait and see how verizon will "handle this issue" . If I like their offer..doubtful...probably a refurb phone... I'll flash back to "normal" delete something so it wont download 2.2 as before and trade it in ! I'd go for apple at this point or X ..but as I said DOUBTFUL.

Thanks again Grahxen and sorry to everyone that had to put up and read my panicking posts.

Upvote 0
Don't panic like i did...yet. Grahxen was right, it just took a few tries and in my case a different computer. 2.2 installed correctly !!

Is this process just about the same as re-booting? I'm not as scared to as i was before all this troubleshooting today?

also waiting for a call back from Verizon about it not loading.."there way" and i can throw out the RA samsung sent me ! I'll wait and see how verizon will "handle this issue" . If I like their offer..doubtful...probably a refurb phone... I'll flash back to "normal" delete something so it wont download 2.2 as before and trade it in ! I'd go for apple at this point or X ..but as I said DOUBTFUL.

Thanks again Grahxen and sorry to everyone that had to put up and read my panicking posts.

Im glad you got it flashed and most importantly got 2.2 installed....

I really wouldnt bother with verizon and/or samsung with trying to get a new phone etc, it's just not worth it. Things like this can happen, just be thankful there a ways like this to get it fixed like you did.

Be happy that you have 2.2 on your fascinate and enjoy the new features.

Upvote 0
Please don't sabotage a trade-in, not fair to the next guy.

Sabotage NOT, Just putting it back to the way it was before Grahxen found a solution. I spent HOURS on the phone with Samsung and Verizon and they couldn't help..was that fair?

This is between Verizon and myself.

If they offer something..again doubtful...I might take it. I pay them insurance every month on several phones and i would have to pay a deductable to get a "refurb" replacement phone if I ever had to. And if Verizon ever sent a refurb phone that didnt work right...then they are not doing their job and just passing on problem phones to everyone.

Has Verizon been to fair to Fascinate users?

ps sorry about messing up the thread before :D

Upvote 0
Hi all,
So I'm looking for some help/clarification. I was actually running a SuperClean Rom for a while, and I found rooting to be quite easy. But I really didn't know what I was doing. Anyways, I wanted to unroot to get the stock 2.2 and not have to deal rooting anymore. My battery life seemed worse than what it was with Eclair.

Anyways I flashed EB01 back onto my phone as the DL09 wasn't working. What is EB01? It's froyo right? Just not as clean build as the ED01??

Now, I'm attempting do the OTA update, but my phone is not finding it. Should I try to flash DL09?

Any insight would be helpful.

And the Dl01 Download is taking forever.....

Upvote 0
EB01 was the unoffical leaked Froyo update. I would honestly put back an offical released rom back and then update your phone to ED01 (official).

Hi all,
So I'm looking for some help/clarification. I was actually running a SuperClean Rom for a while, and I found rooting to be quite easy. But I really didn't know what I was doing. Anyways, I wanted to unroot to get the stock 2.2 and not have to deal rooting anymore. My battery life seemed worse than what it was with Eclair.

Anyways I flashed EB01 back onto my phone as the DL09 wasn't working. What is EB01? It's froyo right? Just not as clean build as the ED01??

Now, I'm attempting do the OTA update, but my phone is not finding it. Should I try to flash DL09?

Any insight would be helpful.

EB01 was an unoffical leaked froyo update, you may want to flash back to an original samsung/verizon rom before trying to update to ED01 (Froyo release)

And the Dl01 Download is taking forever.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones