• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help fixed Settings

Is there a way to fix the Settings on my Nokia 5 with Android 8.1.0?

Sometimes my phone simply turn on Do not disturb, sometimes it turns down Wi-Fi, sometimes turns down Brightness level to the minimum, sometimes turns on Airplane mode, and all of this without me. I do not need Airplane mode, I do not need Do not disturb, and all of this disturbs me all the time because I do not know that the phone turned on Do not disturb, and people can not call me at all.

Those settings sound like the default list of icons in the quick settings panel (swipe down from the top). I would guess that the way you carry or hold your phone is accidentally opening quick settings and then you inadvertently turn one of those options on or off. I'm not sure about Nokia phones but on most others its pretty easy to customize the quick settings panel. Tou could even remove those icons to prevent accidentally touching them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones