• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FIXED] Stuck at 4G LTE image [ICS Rooted]

TRAVI5TY

Apr 21, 2012
Flashed the LG signed firmware for ICS. No prob.

Rooted using How to Root LG Lucid 4G Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich - LG Cell Phones Blog
No prob.

Restored a couple of apps with TB. No prob.

Opened up Rom Toolbox. Problem. FC'd.

Uninstalled Rom Toolbox. Problem. Uninstalled Sucessful. Hit okay and then it rebooted straight to boot animation. Animation played through. Stayed on 4G LTE screen image.

Removed battery & turned back on, no change.

Tried booting w/o SD card, no change.

Tried using the LG signed firmware method again....nothing changes. It boots then gets stuck at the end of the boot animation image. Not a bootloop, just locked at the end of the boot animation.

adb seems unresponsive. Plugging the phone into the computer and running "adb devices" shows nothing.

I have no CWM nor did I attempt to install it or Rom Manager.

I would appreciate any tips on how to proceed.

Flashed the LG signed firmware for ICS. No prob.

Rooted using How to Root LG Lucid 4G Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich - LG Cell Phones Blog
No prob.

Restored a couple of apps with TB. No prob.

Opened up Rom Toolbox. Problem. FC'd.

Uninstalled Rom Toolbox. Problem. Uninstalled Sucessful. Hit okay and then it rebooted straight to boot animation. Animation played through. Stayed on 4G LTE screen image.

Removed battery & turned back on, no change.

Tried booting w/o SD card, no change.

Tried using the LG signed firmware method again....nothing changes. It boots then gets stuck at the end of the boot animation image. Not a bootloop, just locked at the end of the boot animation.

adb seems unresponsive. Plugging the phone into the computer and running "adb devices" shows nothing.

I have no CWM nor did I attempt to install it or Rom Manager.

I would appreciate any tips on how to proceed.
You most likely need to format your /data directory as something restored that ICS didn't like. I'm currently going thru the same thing as I keep losing my lock screen. Turn off your phone, hold down power and vol down. when the screen shows up about factory reseting your phone, press power twice. you should reboot just find into ICS after that.

Upvote 0
You most likely need to format your /data directory as something restored that ICS didn't like. I'm currently going thru the same thing as I keep losing my lock screen. Turn off your phone, hold down power and vol down. when the screen shows up about factory reseting your phone, press power twice. you should reboot just find into ICS after that.

That fixed it! You just made my day, dude! :D

Reactions: blondie03
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones