• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For anyone needing another charger

If ya'll don't want to listen to me ramble, then skip to the part marked by the '****'s to read the main point of the thread. :rolleyes:

This is just a recommendation thread, not a question. :) So here's the deal, pickle. My original Proclaim (wall) charger worked fine until a connection became loose in the part where the cord connects to the end plastic piece that plugs into the phone. After this, I began using my Precedent charger. This worked great until the family cat became bored and chewed most of the way through the cord. :mad: It worked for about two weeks, until 2am this morning. So, this morning, desperate to charge my dead-as-a-doorknob phone, one of my family members gave me their LG charger. It charged the phone, but also (I don't know why) made the phone say "Plug in charger" although it was obviously charging. Even worse, it made the phone get super hot (Battery was 111^F) and made the screen turn off and on. :thinking: So, this afternoon I took a road trip to walmart. They, at least mine, had two chargers made for Samsung phones like the Proclaim. The first, (I don't remember the brand) was about $16. The other one, the one I got, was the Onn wall charger with three different 'heads' that plug into the phone. One of them was the one that the Proclaim used, and the whole charger was about $8. It appears you can buy them even cheaper online. Anyways, ever since I started using it, my phone has started acting normal again. :D

****So to get to the point, if any of you all need a replacement charger, want to buy one from a store, want to spend the least $$$ as possible, and want to buy one that works well, then check out the Onn wall charger.****

Couldn't find a bigger pic. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones