• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Formating an SD card as "Internal"

yeah not all devices are setup like that. samsung has that feature turned off as well on most of their devices.

it is probably a good thing. by setting the card set up as internal storage, the card will be reading and writing everything to the card. this will increase the wear and tear of the card.....increasing the chance of it getting corrupted and then you will lose all of your data and things.

Upvote 0
Thought I would close out this tread with this response that I just received from ASUS tech support:

"Since Android 5(Lollipop) Google removed/disabled the feature to allow applications to be stored on an external source(SD card). However you may see some devices with the feature as some manufactures have designed their own firmware to unlock the feature. Our devices do not have the feature which means you are only able to store files such as; Music,Pictures,Video etc on your SD card."

Appears that I was blaming the wrong people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones