• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Framaroot Roots Marquee!!!

If this is for real, it will help out a lot of people. The step by step root method here works but there is nothing easy about it. A 1 click method would be outstanding.

I Promise You It Works!! I'm Gonna Upload Pics And Show You It. :)

Attachments

• 1364076984122.jpg
    1364076984122.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 1364077031545.jpg
    1364077031545.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: tank10126
Upvote 0
I can confirm that it works. I have been holding off rooting this phone just cause I'm lazy and it seemed like a lot of effort. But when I saw this method, I decided to give it a try. Worked super easy and super fast. Now I just need to load up CWM and get one (or more) of these ROMs loaded!

Thanks for pointing this out.

Upvote 0
I can confirm that it works. I have been holding off rooting this phone just cause I'm lazy and it seemed like a lot of effort. But when I saw this method, I decided to give it a try. Worked super easy and super fast. Now I just need to load up CWM and get one (or more) of these ROMs loaded!

Thanks for pointing this out.

That's Easy ;) Lol. Download ROM Manager From The Play Store And Pick The CWM For The Marquee :D

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
That's Easy ;) Lol. Download ROM Manager From The Play Store And Pick The CWM For The Marquee :D

I remember that someone on this forum said ROM manager almost bricked their marquee. Did I misread that, or is there a compatibility issue with this phone and that app?

I'm a little skittish about installing that unless I get confirmation that it's safe.

Upvote 0
tsk tsk, 99% of the issues ppl have with ROM Manager are user error. I have never had a issues with RM. ;)

And I would grab that framaroot while its on the Play Store as it wont be for long. ;)

What's up Playful?

Myself and another Marquee owner both were running ROM Manager and both of us formated our sd with the phone and ended up with a fried MB. Coincidence maybe, but not worth taking the risk of it happening again. I lucked up and got LG to fix it since the phone was under warranty. My warranty has since expired.

ROM manager is a very useful tool and i wish I knew It could be used with absolute confidence on the Marquee. Unfortunately I cannot. Thankfully most everything it can do for the Marquee can be achieved through other methods.

Also, I just checked Play from my Marquee and Framaroot didn't show up. Maybe it will show when I check from my Transformer.
It looks like it's still available on XDA too.

Upvote 0
+3.

If you're gonna use it, use it to install CWM and then get rid of it.

That's what I was looking for.

Thank you. I'll go ahead and do it. I simply wanted confirmation that it would be OK to install CWM using ROM Manager. And since you're the one who said it caused issues, I trust you that it wasn't the process of installing CWM that caused those issues.

I'm one step closer to installing one of these awesome sounding ROMs I've been reading about the last couple months. :)

Upvote 0
OK. Thanks for the confirmation WetBiker. I just wanted to make sure CWM wasn't the problem people had with ROM Manager.

Nice that I didn't have to use the 23 step process outlined on the Root Guide! :) I downloaded 2 programs and with a total of somewhere around 8 or 9 taps, now have a rooted Marquee with CWM installed. And never once had to connect the phone to the computer. Or count to 10 before hitting a button. :)

I booted into recovery, created a backup, came back into stock ROM and texted my friend, just to confirm that my phone wasn't bricked. He was impressed, as he's been scared to root his phone (not a Marquee, BTW), so hopefully when he gets back from his vacation next week, he'll have his phone rooted too, and we can compare ROMs.

Anyway, Just a success story accomplished by using the framaroot and ROM Manager apps, rather than the 23 step process that seemed so painful to so many.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones