• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Freak out your foodie friends

No way, that's awesome!! So jealous. I have his and Grant Atchatz's books and would just love to go to Alinea or Next. :)
We have a Vinteri wine aerator but really have never used it:
vinturi-wine-aerator-set.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah, definitely awesome :) Couldn't believe it when the missus managed to get a reservation - and so close to the opening.

I've been to a couple of other top restos - the current #2, Celler de Can Roca in Girona, #7 (I think) Arzak in San Sebastian and the Fat Duck (when it was #3) just down the road in Maidenhead - and absolutely loved them. Celler de Can Roca is astounding. I'd love to go to Noma, but apparently it's now nearly impossible to get a table.

Ah well ..

That wine aerator looks awesome! You have got to use it!

Upvote 0
Ha, I also have one of Heston Blumenthal's books! :)
minibar was nearly impossible to get into (they served 12 diners a night, believe it's a few more now since the renovation. This was our menu for the night:
001_zps0209107e.jpg
Apparently, the Obama's went there last week for their Valentine's dinner. :D
Some hits, some misses. I can't even recall most of the menu. :eek:

Upvote 0
Darn! Can't see the menu! Work firewall is blocking it for some reason.

It is strange how few of the courses you remember after these things - until someone talks about them when it all comes flooding back :)

You're clearly way more of a hardcore foodie than me: I wouldn't dream of attempting a Heston recipe!

Upvote 0
Ha, he's got a little more fanciful equipment than things I've used.
I've only done a few things with encapsulates, used Versawhip and tapioca maltodextrin. When I worked in pastry at a fine dining restaurant a few years ago the chef was cool with us really experimenting. I'm really a traditionalist at heart, but if using certain techniques can be done to heighten the food without distracting, I'm all for it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones