• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
You will want to wipe the cache of the camera app. Make certain that the camera lenses area clean.... using a micro fiber cloth. Unless you have have altered the camera settings, you should be getting stellar pics. If all else fails, a factory reset will set everything back to factory fresh including the camera settings. If you do a factory reset, be certain to back up everything for they will be wiped from the phone. If the factory reset is not the answer, it's likely that you are experiencing a hardware problem of some sort.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Hadron
Upvote 0
You will want to wipe the cache of the camera app. Make certain that the camera lenses area clean.... using a micro fiber cloth. Unless you have have altered the camera settings, you should be getting stellar pics. If all else fails, a factory reset will set everything back to factory fresh including the camera settings. If you do a factory reset, be certain to back up everything for they will be wiped from the phone. If the factory reset is not the answer, it's likely that you are experiencing a hardware problem of some sort.
Sorry will wiping the camera cache delete any photos in the albums I set up?

Upvote 0
Sorry will wiping the camera cache delete any photos in the albums I set up?
Your photos are saved to your filesystem, they are not part of either the camera app or the gallery app's data (the camera is just the thing you used to record them, the gallery app is just an app for viewing images that are stored on your device, neither actually owns the files). If you set up albums within the gallery app then which photo is in which album will be part of the gallery app's data, but nothing to do with the camera.

Caches are by definition where an app stores temporary files, so you don't lose anything by clearing those.

Clearing your camera app's data would put all of your camera settings back to default, but would not delete existing photos. That might be worth considering if clearing its cache doesn't help.

But do check simple things as well: smears on the lens may blur photos, if you have turned the flash to "always on" that will result in a delay when taking photos (which may be mistaken for "this is taking a long time to focus"), and there is a filter called "soft" that will reduce detail in images. I can't see much else in my s21's camera settings that could do something like this (if you touch the screen before taking a photo it may focus on the wrong thing, but you'd see what was going on there).

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones