• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s7 private mode

Reaper86

Lurker
Jan 30, 2022
I forgot my pin for private mode, haven't used it in a while but now I need to open it to get something out and can't remember what the pin is. I can't reset the phone I need what is in it so that's not a option. I've tried alot now it's giving a timer each time I try. I've hooked it to my laptop to try to find the folder and it won't show up. Is there any way I can get by it or reset without resetting the phone? A program I can buy for my laptop to reset it or open it? Really need in that folder.

I forgot my pin for private mode, haven't used it in a while but now I need to open it to get something out and can't remember what the pin is. I can't reset the phone I need what is in it so that's not a option. I've tried alot now it's giving a timer each time I try. I've hooked it to my laptop to try to find the folder and it won't show up. Is there any way I can get by it or reset without resetting the phone? A program I can buy for my laptop to reset it or open it? Really need in that folder.
do you have an sd card? is this a file or picture that you need? the only way i think that you can do is use either Google's Find My Device or Samsung's Find My Mobile

Samsung:
https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ ......hopefully you have the phone signed into your samsung account.

Google:
https://www.google.com/android/find?u=0

other than that, the only way is to factory reset the device.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Pictures, screen shots. Find my device didn't work, it only unlocked the phone pin not private folder.
ahhhh it is for the secure folder. i think if you enter the wrong pin a few times, it should give you an option of "forgot password" and then another option to reset pin. this will then take you to enter your google account info and then you can change the pin......at least that is how it is setup on my z fold 3. not sure on an older device such as your s7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones