• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Game of Thrones

Actually thought the red wedding was done very well, showed Boltons trechery and the bands part very well, however the repeated stabbing of Robbs wife in the belly was a bit gratuitous. On the whole though was really good.

Yeah, it was done very well. I'm really, really looking forward to reading that bit in the book (when I get round to reading it).

Agree on the gratuitious thing, my Mrs is pregnant at the moment, so I found that bit very, very difficult to take.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Agreed, I was expecting a lot more than that :(

Although the bit with Arya was sort of shocking. I'm liking the way her character is turning out.

You'll like her more in the ff seasons. Personally, its her and Jon who I found interesting in the books. Sansa was meh, and while there seems to be something in the future for Bran, its just slow coming. I just hope Martin doesn't pull a Robert Jordan on us.

Upvote 0
You'll like her more in the ff seasons. Personally, its her and Jon who I found interesting in the books. Sansa was meh, and while there seems to be something in the future for Bran, its just slow coming. I just hope Martin doesn't pull a Robert Jordan on us.

That's too scary to even think about :eek:

Upvote 0
What's pulling a Robert Jordan?

Robert Jordan is the author of the fantasy series Wheel of Time. One of the best IMO. He died after publishing book 10, without finishing it. Good thing that before he died he already had the most important stuff and the ending epilogue written out or outlined, so that Brandon Sanderson was able to finish it. Sadly, while Brandon was a good writer, he lacked Jordan's touch. Sometimes I think it would have been awesome if GMartin was the one who finished WoT.

Upvote 0
The season finale was sort of anticlimactic....

Yes, it did seem to be a long trailer for setting up next season. Also the bit with Dany (the blonde white woman) being idolized by Hundreds of slaves(Brown faced people) all seemed a bit too much.

I just hope Martin doesn't pull a Robert Jordan on us.

That's my biggest fear of the whole series, would ruin everything (not least for him). Really hope he's got it all planned out somewhere in case.

Upvote 0
this thread has been .. sleeping...

i am catching up on GOT... about to watch the last episode on season 7.
why only 7 episodes?? sucks!!!!!

great show... but is it odd.. how these people can move around soo fast from
countryside to countryside?
across seas?

The Night King is taking for ever to walk to the wall..
but Jon, the King in the North.. can go by boat to visit Dragon Queen..
take a boat back to wall.. walk out to capture a dead walker..
man run back to wall..
send a crow to get Dragon Queen..
she fly back to help Jon..

still.. great show!!!! love it.

Upvote 0
this thread has been .. sleeping...

i am catching up on GOT... about to watch the last episode on season 7.
why only 7 episodes?? sucks!!!!!

great show... but is it odd.. how these people can move around soo fast from
countryside to countryside?
across seas?

The Night King is taking for ever to walk to the wall..
but Jon, the King in the North.. can go by boat to visit Dragon Queen..
take a boat back to wall.. walk out to capture a dead walker..
man run back to wall..
send a crow to get Dragon Queen..
she fly back to help Jon..

still.. great show!!!! love it.

They play with time. One story line is taking place in real time, another may show you the progression of months... Kinda of like how RR Martin wishes he wrote his books

Last season only supposed to be 7 as well, though I thought Season 7 had 8 episodes. They are supposed to be 90 minutes long

Upvote 0
playing with time.. moving back and forth... story line is not in chronological order...
it does not play out in my head...
but whatever.. i will over look it.
feels like the writers are trying to close out the show.. moving things along fast to get to the end.

so ... is season 8.. the final?
guessing also 7 or less episodes too.

Upvote 0
playing with time.. moving back and forth... story line is not in chronological order...
it does not play out in my head...
but whatever.. i will over look it.
feels like the writers are trying to close out the show.. moving things along fast to get to the end.

so ... is season 8.. the final?
guessing also 7 or less episodes too.

Upcoming season is been confirmed as the last season. This will be it.

Reactions: ocnbrze and dan330
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones