• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting a "seandroid message" after rooting

Snapper 7

Oct 22, 2017
Hello,

I just recently used the excellent directions in the forum on how to root an SM-G360T1 Core Prime using Odin.

It seemed to be OK when I was done but now I get that message on boot up and have no internet connection either. I am a novice when it comes to this sort of thing so go easy on me please <grin>

I'd also like to know once we get this thing fixed, if we can, what app do I need to delete some of the bloatware on the phone? I didn't see anything obvious, like being able to click on an app and seeing a DELETE message. I' need to get rid of a lot of the junk so I don't have to buy another phone, I am on disability an money is tight.

Any help is most appreciated, thanks in advance!

Snapper 7

Flash back to stock then re Root using TWRP and magisk.

Can I do that with the Odin program > Or ?? Again this is my first try at doing anything like this to a phone I have heard of TWRP and magisk but never used either one.
Where would I find the stock version that I lost when I tried to root it? Have I ruined the bootloader in my feeble attempt to root it? I DID work for one or two reboots then I started to get the "seandroid" message and SET WARRANTY BIT : KERNEL . This looks like a Linux message to me.

Thanks to you both!

Snapper 7

Upvote 0
Can I do that with the Odin program > Or ?? Again this is my first try at doing anything like this to a phone I have heard of TWRP and magisk but never used either one.
Where would I find the stock version that I lost when I tried to root it? Have I ruined the bootloader in my feeble attempt to root it? I DID work for one or two reboots then I started to get the "seandroid" message and SET WARRANTY BIT : KERNEL . This looks like a Linux message to me.

Thanks to you both!

Snapper 7
twrp is THE essential tool for root users. it can make backups and restore backups incase anything went wrong. with a custom recovery you can also very easily just flash a stock rooted rom.

here is twrp:https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...coverytwrp-samsung-galaxy-core-prime-t3354880 just double check on model numbers.

my suggestion would be to try lineage os. it is way better then stock and much smaller in size with all the bloatware deleted.....check it out. please read the op and if you have time i would read all of the pages in the thread there.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-lineageos-14-1-samsung-galaxy-core-t3586184

and another tip. all things rooted should be researched first over at xda. it is a developer's forum and the place to go for roms, recoveries among other things.

Upvote 0
ocnbrz,

Thanks for the info and the links..excuse my stupidity but it appears that TWRP needs to be installed on the phone.......if I can't get it to even boot up how is it done?
Sorry, I am not trying to be pita.
Odd thing is I was at the XDA forum and ready to join but I got scared off thinking it was for developers only, clearly I don't fit that profile!

Regards,

Snapper 7

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ocnbrz,

Thanks for the info and the links..excuse my stupidity but it appears that TWRP needs to be installed on the phone.......if I can't get it to even boot up how is it done?
Sorry, I am not trying to be pita.
Odd thing is I was at the XDA forum and ready to join but I got scared off thinking it was for developers only, clearly I don't fit that profile!

Regards,

Snapper 7
If you used Trap kernel to gain root it's what broke your Wi-Fi. As I mentioned above you need to go back to stock which will fix the Wi-Fi.

Once that's done you can re root with TWRP and Magisk. From there a custom rom maybe available.

Download mode or seanandroid enforcing work the same.

Upvote 0
Yes I did use TrapKernel...

Now it dawns on me that I have an identical model Samsung. Is there a way to copy what I need from that one and somehow add it to the one that's hosed? The working phone is fine, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Can I recover from that one or will it mess up due to the FRP or the wrong IMEI?

I just can't risk messing that one up too <sigh> as long as I could do it safely that might be the easy answer. Of course the other phone is tied to another Gmail address etc. So maybe it can't be done and have it work?

Tnx,

Snapper 7

Upvote 0
All firmware for a Galaxy Core Prime seems to be for T-Mobile not Metro PCS on the Updato . When I click on any of the packages none of them d/l. I even joined the group thinking that was the issue but it didn't help.

Plus if I was to get it, I'd have little idea how to use it with Odin. Please remember I am a total newbie to all this, what may be a simple process to you, is all but undecipherable to me. Sorry :(

I DO appreciate all the help that is offered and I don't want to sound ungrateful so please don't take it that way.

Snapper 7

Upvote 0
I need to get a micro sd card so I can make backups with TWRP as you suggested. So until that card gets here I can't do anything.

Until you get your sd card, you can make your twrp backups to the phone's internal storage. Afterwards, you can copy the twrp backup to your PC for safe keeping.

Reactions: MrJavi and James L
Upvote 0
Game Theory,

I have virtually no room on the on board memory to load twrp or magisk, I got a new sd card can I install it there or must I delete something off the main memory? All of it seems to be 'welded in place" and can't be blown out.
That's why I want to root it to clean out the bloatware.
Thanks,

Snapper 7

Upvote 0
You could remove bloatware without root, OS space will not change if you remove system apps. TWRP is flashed to the system it replaces the stock recovery with a souped up version. Which allows you to flash ROMs or mods.

Hi James and thanks,

So removing all the apps I don't want or use won't change the memory available to me? I have 20 apps that need updating and can't do it because there's no room.
Even looking at a particular app in the app manager there's no option to remove them, I assumed although they came with the phone you could remove them somehow, maybe by rooting.If rooting won't allow me to do it how is it done? ( i had to ask ) lol Of course I can't move any of them to the sd card. Is this who they sell phones by letting them fill up and render themselves useless?
Thanks again
Snapper 7

Upvote 0
Can I load the TWRP file onto my new SD card since I have no memory room elsewhere to load it?
I have seen an : unofficial"TWRP_G360Ti.tar.md5 is this the correct one for my SM-G360Ti ?

I wanted to try all this and get the bleeding thing rooted but can't seem to get out of the starting gate (again).

Regards,

Snapper 7

Upvote 0
Can I load the TWRP file onto my new SD card since I have no memory room elsewhere to load it?
I have seen an : unofficial"TWRP_G360Ti.tar.md5 is this the correct one for my SM-G360Ti ?

I wanted to try all this and get the bleeding thing rooted but can't seem to get out of the starting gate (again).

Regards,

Snapper 7
TWRP is flashed in Odin, a TWRP backup could be saved to the SD card. Here's a guide.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...w-to-root-galaxy-core-prime-g360t-t1-t3786762

Upvote 0

Regards,

Snapper 7
Yes.. You CAN, but that twrp.tar.md5 file is supposed to be installed to recovery via ODIN, then boot to recovery mode via buttons (usually a volume button + pwr + home) and go from there..

Reactions: ocnbrze and James L
Upvote 0
Yes.. You CAN, but that twrp.tar.md5 file is supposed to be installed to recovery via ODIN, then boot to recovery mode via buttons (usually a volume button + pwr + home) and go from there..

So I installed TWRP, at least Odin says I did.. I restart the phone holding power, volume up, and home and wait for the Android logo.Then change over to holding VOL UP and the other 2 buttons as well.

What I get is a tiny message: recovery is not seandroind enforcing and under that is set warranty bit recovery. Only way to bail out of it is to remove the battery.

Not sure where this went into the weeds, what to do now? I was all set to install SuperSu but that didn't happen.

Thanks, Snapper 7

Upvote 0
Turn off auto reboot under the options tab in Odin. Flash TWRP once it says passed or reset do one of these two things. Unplug the phone, remove the battery for 30 seconds reinsert the battery do the three finger salute. Volume up, home and power.

Or disconnect the device, hold volume down and power, once the screen goes black switch to the three finger salute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones