• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going to try to port CM 12.1 to galaxy avant

So PlanetVaster, what have you got so far and what are you having issues with?..... I have limited time with my work schedule ( I'm a point of sale systems installer, upgrader and repair tech), however, I'd love to help anyway I can. I'm dabbling more and more into Android and Linux after having an over 26 year background in Windows (since I was 13). Also playing with some BSD a little and playing it old school with compiling things too.

Upvote 0
So PlanetVaster, what have you got so far and what are you having issues with?..... I have limited time with my work schedule ( I'm a point of sale systems installer, upgrader and repair tech), however, I'd love to help anyway I can. I'm dabbling more and more into Android and Linux after having an over 26 year background in Windows (since I was 13). Also playing with some BSD a little and playing it old school with compiling things too.
Lol op hasn't been around for 3 months I am the only one working on this and well we both know were we stand with each other from xda. Good luck lmao you're gonna need it.

Upvote 0
well 1 year and 5 months later a noob like me is going to finish the june 9th 2015 avant rom update and the sad part is I know nothing of modifying a system that doesn't have all the system core files with the proper avant radios and tbh why does the avant have an actual radio app it doesn't have the physical radio antenna... back to the point in hand I need help with the files and I need help with getting the missing puzzle pieces back in place and ive done lots of research on the devs who make this rom sooooo right now I have added the root built into the rom update package (not going to release it yet) and I'm trying to find all the cm 12.1 apps and stuff but I found out that in my previous rom I flashed cm12 without wiping data and all that so my system apps converted to 12.1 somehow and half of them worked so yeah HELP also I have to thank @dfuse06 for the awesome design and some configurations but again HELP

Upvote 0
well 1 year and 5 months later a noob like me is going to finish the june 9th 2015 avant rom update and the sad part is I know nothing of modifying a system that doesn't have all the system core files with the proper avant radios and tbh why does the avant have an actual radio app it doesn't have the physical radio antenna... back to the point in hand I need help with the files and I need help with getting the missing puzzle pieces back in place and ive done lots of research on the devs who make this rom sooooo right now I have added the root built into the rom update package (not going to release it yet) and I'm trying to find all the cm 12.1 apps and stuff but I found out that in my previous rom I flashed cm12 without wiping data and all that so my system apps converted to 12.1 somehow and half of them worked so yeah HELP also I have to thank @dfuse06 for the awesome design and some configurations but again HELP

Punctuation, please.

Upvote 0
well here's an update: I made an adjustment on the files and broke the rom when trying to install the core cm 12.1 apps to make it more stable. Flashing it didn't work. So back to the basics any ideas for a beginner?
Too bad I still didn't have this phone. I got n7.1.1 on the Zmax
Screenshot_20170113-130504.png

Upvote 0
Ha! We need a little more than just a kernel. How bout a dev ;)
Actually I was in the mist of porting cm12.1 to the Avant, finally decided i wanted to take time out again so I'll b looking into this for a lil while and see how it goes, as for kernels, I've only built em for the nexus 5, never got far with the avant.

edit: currently trying to port using android kitchen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones