• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google App Marketplace NOT Available On SII or Note?

send2paul

Lurker
Apr 1, 2012
Hi.

I'm looking to upgrade my phone to a Samsung Galaxy SII or a Galaxy Note. I want to be able to download digital editions of magazines to read.

I see on the Google Apps phone list that neither the Samsung Galaxy Note nor the Samsung Galaxy SII is on the list of compatible phones I can use the Google Apps Marketplace on.

Zinio is the world's biggest distributor of digital edition magazines for Android phones. Zinio uses the Google Apps Marketplace. If the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy SII are not on the list of compatible phones that can be used with Google Apps - how can I download the Zinio app to view digital magazines?

I have tried to download the Amazon Apps Marketplace - but it won't install on either of the phones.

Please help?

Thanks

Paul

WilfMoralee, semus, Russell Ng - thanks for your help and advice.

Not having had either of the phones to work with myself, I have only gone with the information I've gleaned around the net - and may have put "two and together and got 5!" :)

If the "readers hub" is like a shortcut where I can access zinio, kobo and PressDisplay; or if both can access "Google Play", (where I can download Zinio from anyway), - then I should have no problem.

Thank you all for your help - it's much appreciated.

Another query - has anyone viewed any "digital magazines" on the Galaxy Note? Is the "pinch and zoom" technology that you'd see on an ipad-2 when viewing a digital magazine the same on a Galaxy Note? Are the "operations" of the digital magazine on the Note the same as on any other normal Android tablet - or do you have to use the S-Pen instead of your finger etc?

All good questions, eh? :)

Thanks again for your help folks!

Paul

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones