• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google crawling: Does Google crawl websites using Android phone data?

Harro5

Lurker
Apr 4, 2023
google-crawling-1024x622.png

Google crawling is an important process for a search engine of this magnitude. However, knowing the full scale of the world wide, is it possible that Google is crawling websites based on traffic data mining from android devices?

What triggered this question is because a friend's website which was not submitted to Google was crawled and indexed. Prior to Google crawling it, we've been using our Android phones to test the website.

It's not an IP address, it's a url like you said. How is it possible when it's not posted anywhere?

What I meant was once you register the web address all the companies that sell a web address know what was registered so there aren't any duplicates. I would think search engines look for all the new registered web addresses. That's what I would think is happening.

It use to be you had to register your web address with the search engines. I don't think you have to do that anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones