• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google FRP lock - Help

bIOforger

Android Expert
Jun 19, 2014
Hi,

So i got a new s9+ recently and sold my s7edge running Nougat. I did a factory reset, boxed it up, sold and delivered the s7edge to the new owner.

Slightly embarrassing, but unfortunately i was not aware of the Google FRP lock in place, until i googled about it today, so now the new user can't get past the setup screens as it asks for my Google login a/c details.

Is there any way i can reset this from my side in my Google account options. Or is my only option to ask the buyer to send the phone back to me so that I can get it past that Google login step?

I guess i could give them my google login details, but obviously i don't know the person i sold it to, so that would be very risky to say the least. I guess i could change my password straight after they have done it, is that the only option apart from asking them to send it back to me?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones