• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play store auto update and notifications, not working on my lg g3 d885

I bought an lg g3 d855 was sim free, new I'm on o2 pay and go.( I updated to marshmallow through lg pc suite) The problem is this, I can't get google play apps to auto update, also the notifications don't usually show when updates are available, the apps will only update when phone is connected to pc or charger through usb cable.

The updates for apps are available and I can go into the play store and manually update the apps there. I have update any time checked, and individual app tick boxes auto updates checked, I have tried many things, including a factory reset, resetting google account, clear cache, data of play store, play services, download service, reset wifi, and more besides, and still the apps won't auto update, and usually the notification doesn't show when updates are available.

The strange thing is though, when I connect the phone to a charger or pc, suddenly the apps will update there and then, immediately, its like they are stuck, unless I manually update or plug usb in, which isn't convenient.
Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
Why would the google play auto update function only work when its connected through usb?
Lastly I have a good wifi connection, and data is turned on.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones