• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got a Droid X2 - want to root and rom

skydmark1

Feb 12, 2011
SO I just picked up a pair of Droid X2's for me and my wife to run on pageplus. I want to root them so I can run droid wall and perhaps flash a ROM. First, they are running android 2.3.5 so can somebody point me to the correct method for rooting?

Next, I may want to flash a ROM to these. I run Cyanogen 7 on my current HTC incredible. I don't necessarily need to run that one, but what are some good clean stable ROMs. My wife likes the basic android gingerbread or ICS but want something stable and customizable if possible.

Suggestions? It's been a while since I last rooted/flashed so looking for some good instructions.

EDIT - just found this, would this be the correct way to root the phone? http://theunlockr.com/2012/09/20/how-to-root-the-droid-x2-on-android-2-3-5/

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones