• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GT-I9192 Downgrade

Hello guys,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9192) and I upgraded it from Android 4.4.2 (Official) KitKat to 5.1.1 Lollipop, from Cyanogenmod 12.1. I noticed that the battery usage it's huge and I wanted to downgrade back to Kitkat.

The problem is, I do have the Official ROM from SamMobile and Odin v3.07 (running as admin) and so the Samsung Drivers installed to Odin recognize it on Win7. However when I connect it and the rom load sucessfully, I press start and it freezes on this log and I can't click on any button, all of them gets gray :
"
<ID:0/010> Added!!

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9192UBUCOI2_I9192ZTOCOC1_I9192UBUCOI2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Initialzation..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/010> rpm.mbn
"

The screen of my cellphone on "download mode" have those lines:
"
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9192
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
"

I already tried getting Knox bootloader (aboot.mbn, slb1.mbn, slb2.mbn, slb3.mbn) out of the oficial firmware from another webpage, and it continues freezing in the first step (freezes at "aboot.mbn" in this case). It stays over 10min like that and I can simply close Odin without crashing and turning off my cellphone and turning it back again, that nothing happens with both of them, the cyangenmod continues there installed.

How should I proceed?

Thanks by the way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones