• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hands free dialing suddenly selective about which number

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
I set up this phone so I can just say "OK Google, call bill" and it would call open a window, show a little green check mark, as if to say "OK" back to me, and then dial Bill, totally hands free, and could even add "On speakerphone" at the end and I'd be calling Bill on speakerphone.

Nut now, as of about 7 days ago, now google will not call about half the numbers in my contacts list, and I can't figure out why. Like calling my godmother, works fine, but calling the local BBQ joint just stopped, and it freezes at the same window with the "OK" green check mark, but now I have to actually, physically, that says "Make call" to finish the action.
This ruins the whole reason I got and programmed this phone.
Anyone have any idea on how I can get google to call the rest of my numbers without having to touch the screen while I am driving.
Thanks!
PM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones