• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handwriting recognition software on note 2

Hi. My main use of the note is for journalling using the S pen. I have a note 4, but I don't like the letterbox / linear app where you write letters on a line. I use the Google handwriting app, but find it quite inaccurate.
I came across a video of the note 2 handwriting keyboard and it's exactly what I'm after. So I plan to downgrade from note 4 to note 2. However I want to double check that this app is still on the Note 2. I've attached an image of it from the video I saw.
Can I ask those reading this forum -
1....does this look like the keyboard you have on your note 2 ?
2....Is there a danger that buying a more recent version of note 2, that the keyboard will have been updated to the one I have on the note 4 - the one I'm wanting to ditch.
In other words will all note 2's, whenever bought, have the app that you see in the image below?
Thanks.

upload_2019-1-31_13-24-15.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones