• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Eclipse Monday!

Dannydet

Jan 16, 2016
USA
dannyddesigns.weebly.com
I'll be in the office during it.
I'm in south east Michigan so not sure how much I'll actually be able to see...
FB_IMG_1712540147182.jpg

If you put your zipcode into this link it will show you exactly how much of the eclipse you will see. I'm actually going to get a little over 90% from Chicago

https://eclipsesoundscapes.org/eclipse-lookup-tool/

Here's my info

Date4/8/2024
Coverage92.53%
Eclipse TypePartial
Eclipse Start12:51 PM CDT
Maximum Eclipse2:07 PM CDT
Eclipse End3:21 PM CDT

Down where we are there's supposed to be somewhere between 75-80% coverage.
We have our oldest granddaughter here and are trying to get her excited about it but she doesn't have a reference to what will be happening.
Seems to me we had more when we were kids... partial mostly, but I just recall them on a more regular basis.
All us kids were scrounging for cardboard boxes to punch the hole in so we could see it. We were all envious of the kid who's dad was a welder and had a slab of welders glass. This was long before they made disposable eclipse glasses.

Upvote 0
i tried to get into Griffith Observatory around 7am this morning......i was too late, all parking spots were full!!!!!! i was lucky enough to see the eclipse there in 2017.....but not this year. i guess i'll just have to wait until 2044 for the next one.

i too did not notice anything different here in LA during the ecplise. of course it was only a partial one here, but there was not light difference.

i too did not even dare look at the sun today.

I'll be in the office to, they also say not to point your phones camera directly towards the eclipse , it may cause problems.
There were filters for the phones and cameras. Mine was really great and not an issue at all. I have no idea what they put in those filters, but you could see absolutely nothing other than a small yellow ball when looking at the sun. I got some great photos too. Other doctors recommended only using certified glasses, which is what I had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We had great weather over the weekend in Broken Bow Ok but it was overcast Monday. It was high thin clouds during the eclipse that you could easily see the the sun through with solar glasses. It also was just enough filter to take pictures with the phone. I took the pic during totality.
View attachment 172926

Glad to hear it worked out for you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones