• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HARD bricked ZTE Force

tommicao

Lurker
Jun 24, 2014
i have a freedompop(sprint) ZTE Force. i believe it hard bricked but not sure.
(bootloader) screen is black, led stays on, does not flashes
(recovery) flashed the wrong recovery.img, screen is black, power button resets
(FTM) wont show ftm just android logo
(fastboot) not sure

what i need is: stock rom image

*i can adb but no root in production builds......thanks in advance!yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*update 3-16-15* found stock rom with boot.img,recovery.img etc... will try dd commads in Ubuntu tomorrow.
*3-17-15* found this link http://www.modaco.com/topic/343587-guide-de-bricking-a-zte-blade/ "method 5 seems like winner!" but i am missing partition.mbn file from the stock update.zip....????
so i found this "(partition.mbn is a dump of the 512 bytes of the MBR)" will try to dump MBR with Ubuntu tomarrow...

Last edited:
I think I know what you should do. You probably did this already, but I wanted to post just in case. Also, this will wipe your phone so...
http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-cm10-boost-force-wip.763908/page-10#post-7068509

It worked for my freedompop force. Just download it on your PC, rip out your phones battery and take out micro SD, put SD in adapter and put in computer, then put downloaded zip on micro SD. Put SD into phone, and you may want to leave battery out for a minute. Put battery in, and hold down volume down and power. You may go to the recovery screen, or bootload screen. If on bootload screen, (the one with Android s on skate boards on bottom) select recovery and press power. Then at recovery, install zip from SD, find the download zip from PC u put onto SD, and install. BTW, its jellybean. (4.1.2)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones